1. I put together a list of exhibitions I want to enter. I set up an numbers sheet that lets me look at everything in one place and plan.
2. I joined the Maryland Arts Council and posted a mini portfolio there. I am not sure if it will do anything but at least it is a positive move.
3. I started to get organized to pitch a one woman show to a bunch of places in the DC area.
4. I ripped out some hand stitches that were not good enough on the piece I am working on- and I restitched them.
5. I talked things out with my best friend- my husband. It was helpful to air my worries and get them off my chest.
6. I resolved not to abandon working with my Chinese fabric, but perhaps revisit shapes and forms that might look less like cultural appropriation. I am not going to give up.
I am almost 65- my birthday is in a few weeks. It really is time for me to grow up, be more confident, and stop worrying what others are doing and concentrate on what I am doing. This is a hard row to hoe, but I am sure going to try.